Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Better than Sirius low profile


Directed Electronics 14105 Car Antenna



Mr. Traveler99I have had Sirius radio for years now and owned many items including multiple antennas. This one wins hands down- either for your car or your home. This is the 2nd antenna of this kind I own, this one is used with my home docking kit, the other on the car of course. 


The wire is quite thin, so it's easily put into window/door seals and also can be put just about anywhere and will pick up a signal, ie: on the ground, the roof, placed on the edge of your deck,ect. It's also much smaller than all the other "home antennas" which for the most part never work anyway. This small antenna will pick up strong signals anywhere even near a building/structure.


Ronnie Greer was in a bind. I had the original antenna go out on me. I called Sirius and thankfully they were not in stock with what came with my S50. So i got on Amazon and read reviews. It looks like everyone has issues with their original antenna. The 14105 Antenna was a cheap way to go to get what i needed. I needed an antenna quick because i was traveling on vacation and needed it ASAP. I took a chance on this antenna (was a little nervous, I thought it looked generic) I hooked the antenna up the same way as the other and it worked great and continues to work smoothly. I would recommend buying the 14105 Antenna before trying to look for a more expensive model


 Gary A. Willehad gone through two " Radio Antennas  " antennas and they only last 6 months to a year before they start to lose signal and eventually quit working. This antenna has a stronger signal from the start and a slightly "beefier" design. Hopefully it will last a long long time. I hope this helps someone pick this over the low profile design.

No comments:

Post a Comment